Saturday, September 27, 2008

Questionable ammoniums...

Twitterings for September 26, 2008:
  • 11:16 Stupid. Broken. Git. #
  • 11:16 I'll FETCH YOUR REPOSITORY! #
  • 11:16 Except I won't, because YOU ARE BROKEN. #
  • 12:13 Some people call me the space cowboy. #
  • 12:15 Now, everyone to the panic room! #
  • 12:16 ...that's a misnomer. It's actually more of a closet. #
  • 12:40 I have unbroken git. Everybody is happy. #
  • 12:54 *stares* I need to stop attempting to follow this meeting, attempting to build a rake task, download Sims stuff and turn off the... #
  • 12:57 ...timer that mysteriously appeared along with our wireless network. #
  • 13:02 Alright, figured out the timer. #
  • 13:09 Okay, I *kind of* have the rake task. Or the general gist. It's figuring out exactly how rake doc:app does it. #
  • 13:27 At last! Rake::RDocTask! #
  • 13:28 Also, I found the document from the last time I worked on it - but I'd rather rewrite it, so that I actually understand it. #
  • 14:06 Damn. I *am* good. #
  • 14:06 It didn't work, but I debugged it, so that it did. #
  • 14:06 And it worrrrrrked. #
  • 15:06 I'm sorry, but a "flipping sign reversal," sounds just...wrong. #
  • 15:07 However, I think he might just be being redundant. #
  • 15:08 "Poor quality image printouts lose marks"? That's..um, that's quite bastardy. #
  • 15:08 Oh yeah? Well, your mother. #
  • 15:08 ...'s shoemaker's dog. #
  • 15:11 Now, I'm no lover of clichés, but I believe planning this midterm is something akin to planning the invasion of Normandy. #
  • 15:16 Somehow, using an example of "finding elephants," while pertinent for the analysis of an image...makes less sense when applied to real life. #
  • 15:16 Um, I see the elephant. It just sat on my studying hut. #
  • 15:17 Can't find it in the image? Look for the broken hut. #
  • 15:17 Also, look for edges and corners, if you want to be exact. #
  • 15:25 Praxis, epistaxis, anaphylaxis, parallaxis... #
  • 15:29 "Since (by definition), binocular depth perception requires two functioning eyes, a person with only one functioning eye has none." #
  • 15:29 No *binocular* depth perception, or no depth perception whatsoever? #
  • 15:30 Also, yes, I did go off on an only partially-related tangent to what we are discussing. #
  • 15:31 But monocular depth perception doesn't exist? Yes, it does! #
  • 15:32 But it also requires accommodation. With the stretching and unstretching of the lens... #
  • 15:33 But I have no lens! #
  • 15:33 Do I see depth or not? Or am I just seeing a really fantastic 2D image, and working really well with lighting? #
  • 15:36 "People who are blind in one eye have impaired depth perception, but they still have functional depth perception." #
  • 15:37 tinyurl.com/4o8bl5 #
  • 15:43 Alright, well, I'm fairly sure that the world is not flat. #
  • 15:45 I'd say that my depth perception is functional. However, I could never drive a car. That's less to do with depth perception... #
  • 15:46 ...and, um, more to do with the whole lack of vision in one eye. #
  • 15:47 I can't play baseball, either, but again, it's hard to keep your eye on the ball *and* know where your bat is in relation to anything. #
  • 15:49 I'd also like to take this opportunity to use the words "oculovestibular reflex." Just because. #
  • 15:53 *realizes she's still sitting here 5 minutes after class has ended* #
  • 19:36 And at some point, I will be able to say that I wrote the book on Rake. But, um, not rakes. #
  • 19:36 There are better authorities out there, I'm sure. #
  • 20:31 You want to fly on a magic carpet to visit the King of the Potato People, and plead with him for your freedom... #
  • 20:31 ...and you're telling me you're completely sane? #

Sent into the blogosphere by me, inappropriate ammoniums, and the strong arm of the potato.

No comments: