Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quick! Do something interesting!

I still have Ruy's cold. The cold that seems to actually be a completely different virus. My poor, sore throat. My poor, aching chest. My poor, tired body, and the knee that I keep falling on, through powers not my own. Ow.

I had something all witty prepared to say. Then I spelled Judi's name wrong, and everything went to hell in the proverbial handbasket. Now, I'm just going to look foolish.

The Berlin Wall was constructed in August of 1961.

A fun piece of trivia for when you're losing badly at Trivial Pursuit. Anybody up for a game? Ruy and I could be great, but probably not as a team, because we'd lose. I mean, we each carry our own wealth of completely useless knowledge, and there's the occasional wild guess that turns out to be correct (Ruy, I may never forgive you for Boris Becker). We'd be very fine additions to partners who actually had extensive knowledge of the past 40 or so years, and/or could spout random facts at the drop of a hat and talk about them at them at length (*coughDadcough*)...

I saw the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon, and it looks as though I may be having my next surgery this summer. The plan is to take a piece of cartilage from underneath my kneecap, and graft it onto the area on my medial condyle, off of which the piece that I had removed in December, had fallen.

I shouldn't say fallen. Does anything really "fall," inside the body? Not really. Things move, things detach, but they don't fall. Wait, wait, the arches of your feet! Can't they fall?

I digress.

Possibly because I just remembered what I actually came here to say, which was that I successfully made gluten-free crèpes last night. Ruy and I enjoyed them twice for dessert (last night and tonight). I also made some not so successful crèpes this evening. Which we won't talk about. Apparently, that guy on the internet lied. Brown rice flour makes horrendous crèpes.

My love to you all. I have to go and be relatively horizontal and try to cough up my lungs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Knowing of Boris Becker is really not THAAAAT crazy considering I was living in Germany around the peak of his popularity. It would be like not knowing who, um, Luango is.