Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stop eating my hay.

Sorry for the long delay between my last post and this one.  One could say it has been a busy week.  One would, of course, then be making a vast, vast understatement.

I'm now living at 10th and Sasamat (right next to a Safeway!  Yay!).  With Ruy.  You can all deactivate the jaw-hitting-the-floor mechanism.  Yes.  I moved in with a boy.

The more important thing is, we moved into his mom's old apartment, and there was a loooootttt of cleaning up to do.  And packing.  And unpacking.  And moving things.  And getting lost in North Vancouver.

Of course, we also picked this past week to stage a rescue.

Of these guys!

The one right in front of the camera is Hopper.  The one behind her is Haskell.

Yes, they're both named after scientists.  Scientists particular to both Ruy and I's field, even. 
 We're geeks like that.

They are both Mini Lops.  We got them on Wednesday, and took them to the vet on Thursday.  They're both healthy 5lb rabbits, and cute as bunnies.

I say that we rescued them, because they were formerly SPCA sheltered bunnies.  Someone abandoned them.
  
Whether it was because they couldn't take care of them, or just didn't want bunnies anymore, I don't know.

The two of them are a bonded pair, meaning that they're pretty much each other's best buds.  It also meant that they were to be adopted together or not at all.  Most people don't go in looking to get two bunnies.  One is enough work.  But we saw them there and immediately knew that these two were coming home with us.

They're the cutest balls of fluff you've ever seen, and they have such soft fur, it's adorable.  They do misbehave sometimes (Case in point: chasing them around the living room on Sunday), but you can never really stay mad at them, because they'll twitch their little noses, or stand up on their hind legs, and then you find that you just have to give them a treat, because they really are such cuties.

They're both spayed/neutered, so no baby bunnies, but they don't seem any unhappier for it.

They love their toys, they get confused when their cage gets Feng Shui'ed, and they love to curl up together.

Basically, I look at them, and turn to a pile of goo.

2 comments:

Niles the Camel said...

You feng shui'ed their cages? They must love that. See, I am reading the blog!

judi said...

Jude said...I'm glad you informed me that Hopper and Haskell are scientists.They sound a lot like cowboys to me....maybe that's Hop-a-long...which would be appropos for a bunny. They are cute little critters. Glad to hear you are well; I had a great trip to Calgary. I could have left the snow there....Love JTD